Personal data has the meaning set forth in applicable data privacy laws and generally means data or information about an identifiable person, recorded in any form. When a User creates a user account through our Website or place orders for our Products or Services, you may be asked to provide and disclose, on a voluntary basis (therefore with your consent), your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, payment information (e.g., credit card information) and other similar contact, personal and payment information, as the case may be. Visitors of this Website may provide and disclose personal data to us in using certain features of our Website, including our ordering and contact forms. The personal data Apollo processes for providing such features is limited to information required to process our customers’ and potential customers’ and visitors’ orders and other requests.
We may collect the following information:
- IP address
- Cookie ID
- Use and browser information
- Content you interact with on our Website
If you request marketing information or order our Products or our Services, then we will also collect your:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
We may also collect non-personal and/or anonymous information which we reserve the right to use for any purpose including in an aggregate fashion. For example, we may collect system-related information to be used for system administration purposes, to help diagnose problems, to monitor traffic patterns, to determine which Website content is used most frequently and to assess our Website usage. Where data is anonymized or de-identified, it is no longer identifiable to you and is no longer personal data.
Processing and Purpose of Use
Apollo processes your personal data in order to provide you with the requested Products and Services or enable you to use certain features of the Website. The Services requested by you may contain marketing information. Apollo does not sell for commercial purposes or make commercially available any personal data that you provide through our Website or which we collect in connection with orders for our Products or Services.
Disclosure of Personal Data
If you submit an inquiry or order through our Website, any personal data you might submit at that time will only be used by employees, representatives or agents of Apollo, our affiliates or our Third-Party Providers who need to have access to it in order to respond to your inquiry or order, to provide the requested Products and Services, for proper administration (including any storage in the cloud) or for permitted marketing purposes. We use certain third-party service providers (“Third-Party Providers”) to provide certain Services on our behalf (e.g., our data host provider and/or licensors of certain add-on equipment or software related to our Products). We require our Third-Party Providers to contractually agree to comply with applicable laws, including data protection laws.
Apollo will only transfer your personal data to third parties or affiliates, if those third parties or affiliates are established in a country which is recognized as providing an adequate data protection level or if such entity has signed a contract with Apollo for processing personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Apollo collects User information to provide our Products or Services. This is relevant where you contact us to receive our Product or Services. This includes:
- Setting up a user account.
- Verifying your identity.
- Communicating with you.
- Providing our customer service.
- Shipping the product.
- Servicing the product.
We also use personal data as required to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Sending information that Apollo believes Users may find helpful.
- From time to time, contacting Users for application research purposes.
- Customizing our Products and Services.
- Monitoring use of our Website and our Services and improving our Products.
- Providing our Products and Services you have requested.
- Responding to any comments or complaints you may send us.
- Using personal data as necessary in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes and as required by law.
Relying on Your Consent
Where you give us consent:
- We will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant Products and Services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- We place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with the section below titled “Third Party Pixels and Cookies” and the information provided to you when those technologies are used.
- On other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use your personal data for the purpose for which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- We reserve the right to use your Personal Data as necessary in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
- Apollo may disclose personal data to respond to legal requirements, enforce its corporate policies, respond to claims or protect anyone's vital interests.
Disclosure will be in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
Protection of Personal Data
Apollo seeks to only store your personal data for the duration necessary for providing you with the requested Products and Services or features of the Website and in a manner permitted by applicable laws. We will comply with applicable data protection laws for as long as we retain your personal data.
Rights of Data Subjects
You - as the individual whose personal data Apollo processes - have the right to withdraw your consent to Apollo’s processing of your personal data at any time. If the personal data is required to provide our Products or Services, we may be obligated to retain for our legal requirements, but we will immediately terminate our processing for any other purposes. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before your withdrawal. Depending on where you reside, you may have certain rights related to your personal data, for example:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data;
- To access a copy of your personal data;
- To request a correction to your personal data;
- To request a transfer of your personal data;
- To restrict or object to our processing of your personal data; and
- To request that your personal data be deleted.
You may also have the right to object to automated decision making, if applicable.
You may request any rights you believe you may have by contacting us at the Contact Information below.
If you believe a breach of your personal data has occurred, you may either contact us or you may make a complaint to the regulatory authority in the country where you live, work, or believe a breach of your personal data has happened. Please address any request to us in accordance with Contact Information below.
We do not sell your Personal Data to anyone, and we do not share it with or transfer it to anyone except as necessary for us to provide our Products, Services, Website and as allowed or required by applicable law.
Contact Information: If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please advise Apollo by sending us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to respond to your request in a timely fashion and in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data by Apollo is not compliant with applicable data protection laws or if Apollo does not respond to your requests in a timely or adequate manner, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent authority for the protection of personal data, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third Party Pixels and Cookies
When you visit our Website, log in to your User account, register a User account or open an email from us, we or our Third-Party Providers on our behalf may use tracking devices such as cookies, ad beacons, and similar technologies to associate these activities with information they or others have about you, including your email address. We (or our Third-Party Providers on our behalf) may then send communications and marketing to you using the email address(es) you provide. You may opt out of receiving this advertising by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or by visiting https://app.retention.com/optout
Contact and Further Information
Contact details of Apollo Head Office:
Apollo Imports Inc. 642 Rue Courcelle Unit 404, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4C 3C7 Telephone: +1 833 553 0456
Last revision: November 8, 2023.